In today’s world omni-channel logistics or omni-channel supply chain operations are highly popular and are considered to be helpful and highly beneficial for meeting customer demands. Logistics management software is often used to cater to the different types of issues that are faced in omni-channel logistics.
Before discussing these challenges, here are some of the main points to consider…
What are omni-channel logistics?
Omni-channel logistics refers to the different processes that basically synchronize the processes revolving around the inventory, distribution, and logistics, across different sales channels in order to meet customer demands. In simple terms, it refers to the process that focuses on the optimization of sales and shipments. It covers all the smaller portions or components of the supply chain process. This includes basically everything from retail, manufacturing, wholesale, distribution, etc.
What are the issues faced by omni-channel logistics?
Omni-channel logisitcs have a variety of different types of issues. Here are a few of them:
- Inefficient processing of orders: Usually when manual order processing or management takes place, and there is an influx in orders, errors may arise. Order fulfillment needs to be very punctual and exactly on time, otherwise there is a rise in the inefficiency of order fulfillment, which negatively impacts customer experience.
- Issues in 3PL: Choosing the wrong 3PL service provider to partner with can also cause a number of issues for your omni-channel logistics operations. This is especially true if the company you choose to partner with is incompetent and does not provide you with the right metrics or services needed to provide efficient management and deliveries to meet customer demands and requirements. Without a logisitcs management software, issues arise.
- Problems in shipping solutions: Different shipping solutions and types are in demand now as they increase customer convenience and increase the probability of getting more orders. Any inconvenience in these or one of these offered methods, or even the lack of availability of these options can become an issue in terms of deliverability and customer satisfaction.
- Lack of visibility of the inventory: With businesses that have a variety of stores and channels of sale s cross locations, and when there is an influx of orders, for instance during the holiday season, it can become an issue to take care of the inventory. If you have promised customers same day delivery or even next day delivery and are unable to deliver that, it can be a huge issue.
- Lack of connection in the supply chain processes: Without a single platform where all communication and management of the multiple sales channels and different parts of the omni-channel logistics process takes place, there are issues caused by disconnectivity.
What can be done to improve customer experience?
A seamless process is the key to increasing customer experience, and this can be done best by using a logistics management software or by partnering up with a 3PL provider that can enable you to make the most out of the latest technology and features that they use in order to avid the plethora of issues that are discussed above. The main aim or the end goal should be to provide consumers with the smoothest and best possible experience in the cases where a company manages an e-commerce distribution center along with a traditional type of retail or a brick or mortar store.
Shipox is a data-driven Logistics Management Software that enables its users across a multitude of diverse industries to avail market competitive features and customer support in order to automate and perfect their delivery process. Shipox users are able to increase the efficiency of their delivery process, optimize their costs effectively, and enhance their customer experiences. To learn more, you can sign up for a quick demo here.