The need for food delivery software is increasing as the food delivery industry is rapidly evolving and growing. The latest research shows that there has been a more than 20% growth rate in the online food delivery restaurant industry globally since the last 5 years. The demand and expected growth of the industry definitely varies across different locations, but overall, the total revenue of the industry is expected to become more than $420 billion by the end of 2025. This not only implies massive growth and opportunity to get profits, but it also means that online food deliveries will begin to comprise more than 40% of the total sales of restaurants.
With this growing demand of food delivery comes the growing demand for the enhancement in the quality of the food delivery services as well. With a saturation of competitors in the market, one wrong move in the delivery process will equate to the loss of a potential customer to another food business. One of the best ways to ensure high quality and competitive food delivery services is to use a food delivery management software.
There are multiple such software in the market that offer different features that aim to automate delivery processes and reduce manual errors. One of the biggest decisions that companies need to make in order to automate their delivery processes is to choose which delivery management software would be best suited for their business. There are many different parameters that companies set in order to make the right decision, and many times this is extremely helpful. Some of the basic considerations that you should make include these:
- It must be cost effective and suit your financial budget
- It should not be difficult to set up and integrate with your system
- It must undergo regular updates and improvements
Some of the most important features that the food delivery software of your preference must have include the following:
- Route Optimization
- Heat Map
- Drivers’ Application
- COD Management
- Real-time Tracking
- White-labeled Application
Another important thing to consider when opting for the best food delivery management software is that it should have the ability to adapt and change based on the changing or evolving market conditions. There are many factors that must be considered in terms of adaptability and flexibility of the software that you choose. Some of these features include the following:
- The ability to provide the complete management capabilities for multiple orders and an increase in number of orders at any given period of time. With the increase in demand of the online food delivery services of about more than 15-25% annually in most countries across the globe, food delivery software must be equipped enough to be able to handle this influx of orders.
- The capabilities to adapt based on the changing business models. The food delivery industry is changing and there are different types of delivery models such as last mile delivery, same hour delivery, party delivery, and different modes of deliveries that need to be fulfilled in order to complete the delivery process successfully.
Shipox is a data-driven Food Delivery Software that enables its users across a multitude of diverse industries to avail market competitive features and customer support in order to automate and perfect their delivery process. Shipox users are able to increase the efficiency of their delivery process, optimize their costs effectively, and enhance their customer experiences. To learn more, you can sign up for a quick demo here.