It is a common misunderstanding that route optimization is only about planning the shortest route to take between points A and B. Modern-day delivery management requires much more from route optimization than just the planning of a delivery route. Route optimization can make your delivery process more than 43.7% efficient. Business owners and managers are often confused about the right way to evaluate the most efficient route optimization software for their business.
This blog will help you identify the right features that you should choose when evaluating the perfect route delivery planner for your business.
- Rapid Route Optimization: It is not only sufficient for your software to provide you with route optimization for your delivery operations. It is also equally and perhaps more important for software to provide rapid route optimization. The software must be capable of re-routing and making quick changes in the route due to any unexpected hindrances in real-time. Delivery management software such as Shipox ensure that the delivery operations are able to run despite any unexpected changes in the plan during the delivery process as well.
- Analytical Reporting: One of the most crucial aspects of efficient fleet management in a delivery management system is analytical reporting. Your route optimization software must also have the capability of analyzing data and generating consequent reports. Moreover, this data must also be available on a centralized dashboard so that managers and users can access it with ease.
- Efficient Communication: Communication is one of the most important elements of an efficient delivery process. Your route optimization software must also ensure that the driver and managers are kept updated regarding the entire delivery process. It is also a plus point if it can keep customers informed regarding the location of their order at all times.
- Customization: Your routing software must be completely customized to suit your business needs so that your team does not have to go an extra mile to adapt to it. No business operations are the same, and therefore each software would work best if it is completely customized for your individual business needs.
- Integrations: It is an added burden if your team has to use an external routing system to manage delivery operations. This will be a burden for your business costs and efficiency. The most suitable software is one that can be easily integrated with your system and your team can hence access it with ease.
- Consistent Product Improvement: It is highly inconvenient to keep adding different technologies to your system all the time in order to keep up with the upgrades in the technology in the market at all times. Your software must be such that it keeps improving its solutions rapidly so that you are enabled with the latest market practices at all times.
Shipox is a data-driven Delivery Management Software that enables its users across a multitude of diverse industries to avail market competitive features and customer support in order to automate and perfect their delivery process. Shipox users are able to increase the efficiency of their delivery process, optimize their costs effectively, and enhance their customer experiences. To learn more, you can sign up for a quick demo here.